Fleming Elementary was originally named Freeport Elementary. It was later changed to O. A. Fleming Elementary. The school was named after Oliver Alexander Fleming. He was the Superintendent of Schools for what was known in those days as the Freeport Independent School District, from 1917-1946.
O. A. Fleming Elementary School is located at 431 West 4th Street in Freeport, Texas. Our students are from Freeport and Surfside and range from pre-kindergarten through first grade. We have around 360 students and 40 staff members.
Pursuing innovation to make a difference for tomorrow.
Swimming to Success
The mission of Brazosport ISD is to develop and empower the whole student with the capacity to excel in an ever-changing world.
Our mascot: Dolphins
Our Campus & District Goals
- Each student will be equipped to achieve the highest level of success in all curricular areas.
- All staff will actively contribute to organizational excellence.
- BISD will provide adequate resources through alternative funding and sound financial stewardship.
- BISD facilities will be equipped and maintained to exceed the highest standards of quality, safety, and innovation.
- Technology will be a fully integrated means for instruction and operations.
- Partnerships between the district and community will be strengthened in order to increase shared responsibility and trust.