Traffic Procedures and Parking
The safety of all Fleming students is important to our faculty and staff. We appreciate your support in following these procedures.
Drop-off and Pick-up in the front driveway
- The covered porch drive in front of the school is the designated pick-up and drop-off area for students. The entrance to the front driveway is on Maple Street.
- Students are not to be picked up or dropped off at parking lots or side streets.
- Please place your car tag with your child’s or children’s names on the dashboard of your vehicle, as all of the teachers on duty may not know your child.
- Please do not not leave your car unattended in the drive, as it disrupts the flow of traffic.
- For safety reasons, if you arrive after 11:15 for morning Pre-K or 3:45 for grades Pre-K through First, you will need to come inside the building and sign to pick up your child.
- The side driveway on Maple street is for buses and daycare vans only.
- At dismissal, walkers will be escorted from the building by duty personnel. Walkers may cross the street at Maple and Fourth Street and Maple and Fifth Street.
- Staff members will assist students in crossing the streets at the designated crosswalks.
- There is NO parking in front of the building, including the visitor parking, between 7:30-8:05 a.m. and 3:15-3:45 p.m. All other times, please feel free to use the visitor parking in front of the building.
- Parents may park in the parking lot on 4th Street during arrival and dismissal times.
- The red zones are designated fire zones. Please do not park in the red zones.
- The parking lot on Maple St. is reserved for faculty and staff. Please do not park in this area at any time.